Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zakka Delightful Linen Bag


Earlier this month I fell off the Zakka train...between our road trip and day trips and all the activities we've been trying to squeeze in these last few weeks, I just couldn't stay on track. But this week I'm back, and I'm remembering why I love this book so much. The projects are small, relatively easy to finish in a day, and almost always useful.


To decorate my bag, I pulled a few of the hexagons I've been making out of a charm pack of Aneela Hoey's darling new line Sew Stitchy. Her prints for this collection are on a small scale, so they work perfectly for hexies. The inside of the pouch is lined with a Denyse Schmidt print, and I used a black and white stripe for the binding around the edge. When I was finished, I noticed that the binding had gotten a tad puckered as I was attaching it, but I decided not to stress over it. Instead of a ribbon closure, I used more of the lining fabric to make a thin strap, and I like the way it all works together with the vintage wooden button.


I'll be using my bag to hold...what else? Hexagons! Now they'll always be easy to find.

Linking up to the Zakka Along.

13 comments:

  1. Such a sweet bag. And, as usual, I love the added detail of the hand-stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a hexie? Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. I love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is really sweet! Love the striped trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you hexies as the embellishment.
    It's gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, LOVE the idea to use that to store hexies! I made two but I want to make more, better ones ;) I think that was a really good use of paper piecing and embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous bag, Heidi! I love the hexagons and the outline stitching it makes it really pretty! Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute, I better get it done, now that you have inspired me..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and want to make one for my hexies immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hexies storing hexies. Your bag is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh your hexagons are so cute! I love the idea of storing hexies in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect version! And a great bag to keep in you hexagons (o:

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...