Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Triple-Zip Pouch


This has been a week for catching up on things I've been wanting to do for months. Today I finally made one of my friend Debbie's triple-zip pouches -- a genius pattern if there ever was one. Debbie is hosting a Triple-Zip Along too, which is a great excuse (if you really needed one) for trying out this amazing tutorial.


When I first saw Eric & Julie Comstock's new collection 2wenty Thr3e online, it was love at first sight, even though it's really not my normal choice of colors. Now that I've seen these prints in person, I'm officially smitten -- and so very glad that I pre-ordered a fat eighth bundle earlier this month. This charm pack arrived the other day, and I thought the triple-zip pouch was a great way to start using it along with some Sewing Guide in black from Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater and an orange and white stripe from Lizzy House's Hello Pilgrim collection for the lining.


I never realized how small this pouch was until I sat down with the tutorial -- just under eight inches long -- yet it's incredible how much you can fit inside it. I'm so excited to swap out the larger pouch I've been keeping in my purse for this efficient little beauty. Can you believe that all this stuff can fit inside with room to spare?

Make yourself a triple-zip pouch. You'll be glad you did.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so cute! And what a great way to use your new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I have fabrics chosen but forgot the zippers : ( hope to make one soon. I have seen that fabric line too. Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for the shout-out, Heidi - sure hope you enjoy your very own Triple-Zip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! You're really tempting me to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its on the list for the next couple of weeks, yours look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! I thought about making one of these and you might have just won me over :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! Can you tell me the dimensions you used for the patchwork piece on the front and the large piece on the back? I wanted to add some piecing and quilting to one, but I'm no good at numbers so I was having a hard time with that. I'm most interested in the back piece, as that's where I was planning on putting a pieced element. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so cool! I think you have tempted me make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very cool pouch and I'm hoping to make one. I love yours.

      Delete
  9. Your pouch is adorable! I really like the pieced look & the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...