Thursday, March 19, 2015

Maker Pillow


Maker is one of those collections that looks pretty on the screen, but makes a big impression when you see it with your own eyes. I was so struck by the quiet beauty of these prints last month when I opened the package that Art Gallery Fabrics was kind enough to send me. You all know that I'm a big fan of text prints and low volume designs, both of which are well represented here in this mix of motifs that include pins, pattern drafts, and tiny stitches. It took me a while, but after considering several different patterns, I finally decided to use my prints to make an 18" square patchwork pillow.


I'm a huge fan of the Around the World block. It's an easy pattern that somehow manages to be traditional and contemporary at the same time, creating those lovely diagonal cascades of color. I alternated dark and light prints for my squares, quilting straight lines diagonally across the darker ones with white thread. The beautiful simplicity of this pillow really speaks to me. It's like a modern ode to spring right there in my family room.


I backed the pillow in my favorite text print from the group. There are so many great phrases in here that are just begging to be fussy cut for upcoming projects!

Well done, AGF Studio designers. This collection is definitely a keeper.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillow! I just love it. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this line too. Your pillow looks great. I especially like the progression of the fabric cuts in your squares - a lot of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great pillow Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got your book, and as I work in a day care, during nap time yesterday, ( somehow they all slept at the same time) I read your book, all I can say is.... wow, best book I have ever bought. I can't wait to start some of the projects, but your tips for organizing were the best. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roni, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your words. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
    2. Roni, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your words. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. Such a cute cushion and I LOVE that text print on the back too - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the text print on the back too! This range is so YOU. Now that you have designed a book - and I'm sure you have some more books in you - I think you should design a fabric line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful new line. I'm trying not to add anything to my stash but I just might make an exception for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I have a stack of Maker that arrived a few days ago. It's the first new fabric I've bought in months, and just lovely stuff. Even better in person than it looks on the screen. Enjoy that lovely pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pillow. The more I see of this range, the more I fall in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner Heidi! I love the scale of your patches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! The simplicity is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this pillow! Of course, I want this fabric now, too.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...